The Rumi Prescription
Author(s): Moezzi, Melody
A powerful personal journey to find meaning and life lessons in the words of a wildly popular 13th century poet.
Rumi's inspiring and deceptively simple poems have been called ecstatic, mystical, and devotional. To writer and activist Melody Moezzi, they became a lifeline. In The Rumi Prescription, we follow her path of discovery as she translates Rumi's works for herself - to gain wisdom and insight in the face of a creative and spiritual roadblock. With the help of her father, who is a lifelong fan of Rumi's poetry, she immerses herself in this rich body of work, and discovers a 13th-century prescription for modern life.
Addressing isolation, distraction, depression, fear, and other everyday challenges we face, the book offers a roadmap for living with intention and ease, and embracing love at every turn--despite our deeply divided and chaotic times. Most of all, it presents a vivid reminder that we already have the answers we seek, if we can just slow down to honor them.
- You went out in search of gold far and wide, but all along you were gold on the inside.
- Become the sky and the clouds that create the rain, not the gutter that carries it to the drain.
- You already own all the sustenance you seek. If only you'd wake up and take a peek.
- Quit being a drop. Make yourself an ocean.
- : 9780525537786
- : Penguin Publishing Group
- : Perigee Books
- : 0.293474
- : March 2021
- : .688 Inches X 5.5 Inches X 8.25 Inches
- : books
- : 224
- : Paperback
- : Moezzi, Melody