Author(s): P.Sean Bramble
CultureShock! Japan will guide you through the confusion you will inevitably feel when visiting or working in Japan.
* Insights into the people and their culture and traditions.
* Advise on adapting into the local environment.
* Essential information on the coutnry's history, traditions, beliefs, etiquette, cusine and leisure activities.
* Suggestions on how to get the most out of the travel experience.
* Linguistic help and hints on how to learn the language and do business.
* A useful list of foreign words and phrases and a conprehensive resource guide.
* A glossary books for further reading and a list of interesting websites for additonal reference.
* Lively and humorous illustrations that capture the essence of the text.
* A section of full colour images that give a flavour of the destination.
CultureShock! Japan will guide you through the confusion you will inevitably feel when visiting or working in Japan. As with adapting to any new culture, there are numerous things to learn and be aware of. Learn about Japanese culture, the pressure of 'keeping face' and how to bow correctly in two easy steps. Discover the do's and don'ts when dining at someone's home; find out more about Japanese food and learn the art of the Japanese tea ceremony. Also included is practical information to ease your stay. Take note of tips on how to 'bargain' when shopping and what to expect from Japanese herbal medicine. So whether you require information on office etiquette or where to find a hot spring, CultureShock! Japan covers it all, everything to make your cultural transition a pleasurable one.
CultureShock! is a comprehensive, dynamic and indispensable guide for travellers looking to truly understand the countries they are visiting, as well as expatriates settling into a new assignment in a foreign land. Each title explains the customs, traditions, social and business etiquette in a lively and informative style. CultureShock! Authors, all of whom have experienced the joys and pitfalls of cultural adaptation, provide warm and informative advice to those who seek to integrate seamlessly into diverse cultures. The books have a friendly and honest writing style and are full of personal experiences, practical advise and useful information.